- New York (1987); New Jersey (1987)
- U.S. District Court N.J. 1987; U.S. District Court, Southern District New York – 1989; U.S. District Court, Eastern District New York – 1992; Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit – 2006
- Undergraduate: Rutgers University BA (Comparative Literature)
- Law School: Seton Hall University School of Law J.D.
Growing up in a very family and faith oriented home, John M. (Jack) Rannells was instilled with a love of music from a very early age. With a genuine interest in assisting clients in all facets of intellectual property law and an enjoyment of mentoring other attorneys, Mr. Rannells combined those interests with his love of music to become a notable and respected attorney in the music and entertainment industry. Adding that to his representation of a diverse client list, Mr. Rannells has developed a strong competence in the various areas of Trademark, Copyright, and Intellectual Property Law. These competencies not only serve his clients well within the music and entertainment industry but within the many industries his law firm represents.
- Entertainment (emphasis on music)
- Licensing of Intellectual Property Rights
- AIDV – Association Internationale des Juristes du Droit du Vin (International Wine Law Association)
- INTA – International Trademark Association
- NARIP – National Association of Recording Industry Professionals
- ABA – American Bar Association
- Guest lecturer on intellectual property rights and on the music industry (1990 – present date)
- Listed in Music Registry, Legal & Business Affairs
Some familiarity with Spanish